Saturday, August 04, 2007

Summer Vacation

Even though I spent more nights away than in my own bed in July, only three could be counted as vacation days. The rest were RWA or the class. But starting tomorrow, we'll be off on our annual summer trip to Sunriver. This year, my best friend from college and her family are joining us. We stayed with them during my college reunion in October. It's going to be so much fun! I'll have Internet access so I'll still be here showing you pics from Central Oregon.

I wanted to go hiking today, but I've spent the morning folding laundry and packing. I was in charge of my stuff and the three kidlets which means it's taken forever. Luckily the house we've rented has a washer and dryer so we're not taking an entire weeks worth of stuff. I'd still be packing if that were the case.

We never leave our cats alone when we go away. They just don't do well on their own even if it's just a night. Well, I found out from our house/cat sitter that hubby did not leave her a note last weekend, so she didn't know he was still supposed to have his medicine. Yikes. Good thing I touched base with her today! That would not have been good.

Last night, the entire family went climbing at a rock wall. We had a blast. I wanted to get them in the gym because we're going to do a half-day climb at a place called Smith Rocks next week. My friend opted out, but her two boys will be going, too. She's tagging along to play photographer.

Not much else to say. I need to get back to work so I can try and squeeze in some writing and fun, too. I hope you're having a great Saturday.