Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bug says...

There's a guy on the climbing forum I belong to. Well, actually there are lots of guys, but this particular one is named Bug. I have never met Bug. Until today, I can't remember much interaction with him except when he asked if I'd had a humourectomy to which I replied I had no sense of humor whatsoever.

On one of the forum threads, Bug posted something totally unexpected, simple yet profound, that I sent him a private message asking if I could share his words with you.

Men marry a woman thinking she will not change. She does.
Women marry a man thinking he will change. He does not.


If you're single, memorize these words, and please don't forget them. There will be a quiz later.

I know a few divorced couples who learned Bug's words the hard way, so if you're married, you might want to remember them as well. No quiz because marriage is hard enough on its own.

I found Bug's words to be thought provoking and true. I see them in my marriage and several of my friends' marriages, that's for sure. How about you?

His words also sent the story generating gears cranking in my head. Now I've got a new idea that can percolate while I finish Christmas on the Mountain.

I'd love to hear more about what Bug has to say. I wonder if he'd be willing to share a few more gems with me and how much beer that would cost me!