Friday, September 21, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

When I handed Angus back to his mommy, she handed me a magazine. Not just any magazine, but the latest issue of US. She'd bought it at the airport to read on her flight home. Don't know about you, but I love trashy magazines. I never get a chance to read them unless I'm having my hair done so am usually content to scan the various covers while in line at the grocery store.

But, boy oh boy is reading one cover to cover so much fun!

From the fashions (who wore it best?), the pictures (Stars-they're just like us!) and the gossip, I had a fun time gobbling this magazine up. There was a two page picture of the cast of Heroes, even! But for someone who at one point in my life couldn't wait for her Entertainment Weekly to arrive in the mailbox, I felt so out of the world of pop culture and celebrity when they talked about new shows, stars and upcoming movies due out. That's what I get for living in a cave with no cable!

One article I really enjoyed was US picks the 20 Most Romantic DVDs. I agreed with some on their list. Eight of them I hadn't seen. But the list got me thinking. What were my favorite romantic movies? In no particular order, here are a few of mine:

• Pride and Prejudice
• Ever After
• Love Actually (Notting Hill, too)
• The Princess Bride
• While You Were Sleeping
• Pretty Woman
• The Cutting Edge
• Notorious
• Ladyhawke
• Somewhere in Time

What are some of your favorite romantic movies? I want to make a list of romantic movies to rent the next time hubby goes out of town. Help me out, please!