Saturday, September 08, 2007

Good day. Bad day.

I heard from my editor yesterday. Thumbs up on the proposal! Also no revisions/changes!!!! Yay! Now all I have to do is finish my AA/page proofs for SOS Marry Me so I can get back to work on it! That's what I'll be doing this weekend in between family stuff. I'm also keeping my original inspiration for my hero, too. Why mess with what is working?

The proposal acceptance set my mood for the day. I went to Pilates with a smile on my face. Even when I burned my daughter's grilled cheese sandwich and set off a cacophony of smoke detectors, I didn't let it bother me.

But when I had to wake her up early from her nap to pick up her brother and sister from school, I got a little nervous. She wasn't ready to get up. But we had to go and after school headed to Target to buy a birthday gift. Big mistake. I should probably capitalize those letters, that's how big a mistake going anywhere with her was. Ever seen a mom and kid in a store with kid crying and screaming and running away from said mom? That was me. It wasn't pretty. It was downright frustrating and embarrassing and made the day not-so-good anymore. Being a mom is so hard sometimes.

In other news... This weekend searchers will be on Mount Hood looking for the climbers lost in December, Jerry Cooke and Brian Hall. The Oregon Mountain Rescue Council has been planning this exercise for months. I hope they find them for the families' sake.

Have a great Saturday!