Friday, October 07, 2005

Free Book Friday

Here's the tally for Thursday:

New pages written: 6 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 3
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 155 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 26

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: finished the rest of the jedi mix M&Ms
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: none (skipped Irish Dance. too long drive in the pouring rain and needed to write instead)
Television watched: Wiggles with toddler
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: none
Tears: none
Weight loss: 2 lbs

New pages, revised pages, I'm on a roll. Chapter Five is in worse shape than I realized so I'll work on that today. Chapter Four needs another pass, but I'm very pleased with it.

When I write a book I usually have a song or songs that I associate with it. Two examples are Could It Be Magic (Take That's version sung by Robbie Williams) for IF THE RING FITS... and High Above Me for THE WEDDING LULLABY. One reason I wanted an iPod was to put together a book soundtrack to listen to when I'm working or just bumming around. Last night, my hubby decided to do it for me since I'm too busy at the moment. So I now have two of the songs: Collide by Howie Day and True by Ryan Cabrera.

Okay, since I'm back on track and can afford to visit the post office, I'm going to give away a book today. You have your choice between a hardback copy of The Billionaire's Wedding Masquerade or a paperback copy of Blueprint for a Wedding. Autographed to you or person of your choosing, of course.

To enter simply answer this question in the comment section: How will Melissa celebrate after she sends in her manuscript?