Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hitting the wall

Here's the tally for the past few days:

New pages written: 0 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: The first seven
Pages of revisions typed in: The first seven
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 6
Total page count to date: 168 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 16

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Chocolate chip cookies, ice cream
Junk food consumed: a tea biscuit, a donut
Exercise: giving piggy back rides
Television watched: JoJo's Circus, LOST, Invasion
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: 5 (thanks again to Maria!)
Tears: yes
Weight loss: 1 lbs (gained back a pound since I haven't been skipping meals)

It happened again. I thought I'd made it through the middle unscathed, only to come to a screeching halt. Something was wrong that kept me from moving forward. What you may wonder? The kiss. I had it in the wrong place. Originally I had it in Chapter 4. Too soon. So I moved it to Chapter 6. Too late. So now I have it in Chapter 5. Perfect. I hope. I've got my fingers crossed. But moving it changed everything after it. Not completely, but all the internal stuff needed rewriting. I still have a kiss in Chapter 6, too, that I must now write. Anyway, I've been writing so much, I didn't update the tally. Needless to say, you didn't miss much except some hair pulling and frustration.