Monday, October 03, 2005

Crash and burn

Here's the tally for Sunday:

New pages written: 0 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 144 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 30

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: ice cream
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: none
Television watched: none
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: none
Tears: none
Weight loss: 2 lbs

The alarm going off at six and six plus hours at a feis (Irish dance competition) were too much for me to take. All the tiredness I've been fighting finally caught up and knocked me out. I tried to write. I couldn't. The screen blurred. The brain shut off. So I gave up. Tried to revise. It just wasn't there. So I gave up.

Sunday was a total wash. No new pages, no revised pages, nothing. I didn't cry. Too tired if you want to know the truth. I even put on my jammies at 7 o'clock. That's earlier than the kids put on theirs. Just how tired have I been? I didn't download any of the pics of Hayden on the beach in Barbados that hit the Internet the past couple of days. Yep, I've definitely crashed and burned.