Saturday, October 01, 2005

Time to get serious

Here's the tally for yesterday (Friday):

New pages written: 5 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 138 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 32

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: 2 cupcakes
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: none
Television watched: none
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: none
Tears: none

It's October. I'm trying not to freak out. I really wanted the rough draft done today. I think about the sick days and the pages I didn't write, and my confidence wavers. But I have to look forward, not back.

I worked on the second kissing scene. I would have hit my page goal had I written the scene to the end, but I just got too tired to continue. When my writing reaches a certain point and becomes all telling and synopsis-like then it's time to quit for the night.

I was writing when I heard a drip, drip, drip. I looked at the carpet and saw a wet spot with drops of water hitting the same spot one after another. I glanced up and saw a huge bulge in the ceiing. Yikes. A roofer stopped by and will be back tomorrow. The damage is minimal, but it's still a real bummer and a huge time drain.