Saturday, October 29, 2005

3 days to go

Here's the tally for Friday and Saturday:

New pages written: 2 (epilogue)
Old pages revised on paper: all
Pages of revisions typed in: all
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: +4
Total page count to date: 226 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 3

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Friday - ice cream, Saturday - none
Junk food consumed: Friday - beer, Saturday - vanilla milkshake
Exercise: none
Television watched: none
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: Hayden, who? (Just kidding!)
Tears: yes, when I reached the end. I'm praying this means it's good!
Weight loss: 0 lbs (oh, well, I tried)

I have been a writing machine. Staying up way to late, getting up way too early. I don't even feel human. But I'm getting it done. I'm not even sure where it's coming from. I've got my soundtrack playing and I just do it. I have only made it through the first six chapters of my checklist. It's amazing how many of the same words I use over and over again.

I'm printing the entire manuscript out right now. I will take it with me to the Irish dance feis tomorrow to go over one last time and try to cut as many pages as possible before I read it out loud. Horrible timing for the Irish Dance feis, but I need to be there for my daughter. She will actually be doing one of her reels dressed as Padme from AOTC!

My little Rose just wanted me to hold during Mass tonight. She misses her mommy. Even though they can see me while I'm working, hubby has been keeping them away. I miss them horribly. That's the hardest part of deadlines. I wish I could be better about getting it done sooner, rather than later. If not for me, for them.

Oh, and hubby is going out on Halloween Night to buy me a copy of ROTS when it goes on sale at midnight!!!! I'd better be done when he gets home!