Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hanging in there

Here's the tally for Wednesday and Thursday:

New pages written: 7 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: Chapter 7 and 8
Pages of revisions typed in: Chapter 7 and 8
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: ??? (I just put everything under new pages)
Total page count to date: 192 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 11

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Ice cream, donut, 3 Musketeer bar
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: Irish Dance class
Television watched: Doodlebops, LOST, Invasion
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: none
Tears: none
Weight loss: 1 lbs (gained back a pound since I haven't been skipping meals)

Okay, I just finished Chapter 8. I think it needs another pass. But something interesting is happening. I think I need another chapter in the book. I was worried about not having enough pages, but now I'm running out of room and need new stuff in there. I'm just going to keep writing and get to the end so I can then see if I need to re-chapter the book and/or cut things. I'll be emailing my editor to find out what the maximum number of pages I can turn it. I do not want to have to cut pages from the manuscript. That's happened with other books and it is no fun to do. Especially during copyedits.