Saturday, February 03, 2007

At least it's not broken...

We ended up at Urgent Care last night. At the end of the season swim team party, the oldest kidlet hit her hand against hubby while swimming and did something to her finger and hand. We were concerned she'd broke something, but the x-rays didn't show a fracture.

This is the same kid who sprained her ankle at age 6, shook it off when hubby said she was fine (no one told me about the fall!) and still competed at an Irish dance competition and placed so obviously her level of pain toleration is different than many.

The youngest was worried they were going to cut her sister's finger off so Rose was much relieved all five digits were still attached to Mackenna's hand when we left!

This weekend is jam-packed with birthday parties, soccer, dance and of course, Super Bowl Sunday. No big game plans, but hubby will be glued to the tube.

Me? I don't really care that much. My die-hard-fan-sit-in-the-pouring-rain-at-Candlestick-49er-season-ticket-holder-days are long over. Now I'd rather spend three hours reading a book. Or going on a hike. Or shopping.

But I'm still rooting for the Colts. I'd like to see Peyton Manning get the ring.

Link for the day: The power of love... I found this romance (people, not books) related article while doing research. I was looking up recent mountain climbing deaths (need to kill off a couple of climbers for the book due after the continuity one) and this article about love was a link on the page.

Have a great weekend! I'm taking tomorrow off. Talk to you on Monday!