Monday, February 05, 2007

Where could it be?

The kidlets are in love with the Mt. Bachelor Avalanche Rescue K9 Dogs I posted a link for last week. They each named a stuffed dog after one of the real dogs. Mackenna = Salcha. Finn = Kenai (the boy dog, of course). Rose = Kasha.

I emailed the BARK dogs webmaster and asked if he would add kid-sized T-shirts to his BARK dogs CafĂ© Press store . He did, so I ordered three on-line. Everything was going great with until I went to pay. My credit card wasn't in my wallet. I knew I'd seen it somewhere (during deadline time which meant it could have been anywhere) so I had to go through…well, pretty much everything in the house. That included my purse.

I couldn't remember the last time I'd cleaned my purse (I'm so not a cleaner) and this is what I found inside my red Prada knock-off:

- Our Lady of the Lake Raffle Order form dated 2001 (old school, but we didn't attend then since our oldest would have only been 3!)
- Child release ticket from My Bachelor that you need to turn in to pick up kids from ski school (they're home with us so I guess we didn't need the ticket after all!)
- 30 hairbands in a zipper compartment on the outside (variety of colors)
- Earphones for new phone
- Pink Prada-knockoff wallet (didn't clean this out)
- Car keys
- 2 $100 Safeway gift cards ($39 left on one, $7 on the other)
- 1 $50 Pottery Barn gift card
- 1 small candy cane (still in wrapper thank goodness!)
- 1 pair of knit brown gloves
- 1 pair of Pendleton lambswool red gloves
- 2 lipsticks (Dusty Rose & Clearly Rose)
- 1 Plump your pucker lip balm
- Lots-o-receipts and business cards
- Prayer cards
- Rosary
- 3 free kid-treats coupons for Dairy Queen
- 1 $2 gift Baskin Robbins gift certificate
- 2 cards good for 1 free taco at Who-Song & Larry's
- 4 movie stubs dated 11/27/04 for the 7:25 PM showing of Bridget Jones Edge of Reason
- Email address for a woman named Katherine from Vancouver B.C. who I sat next to on an Alaska Air flight in June 2005. I just remembered… I need to send her a book. Her father had died (like my heroine Jane in the book I'd been writing at the time) and I talked to her about that from SJC to PDX.
- Beading sample for my daughter's first communion dress (May 2006) that I think I was supposed to return
- Downtown Portland parking receipt from 4/2/06. Our anniversary.
- A note to buy the screenplay writing book "Save the Cat" by Blake Snyder
- 4 USPS delivery confirmation slips from December
- 2 packages of double antibiotic ointment from when Rose got stitches in 8/05
- Way too much loose change

Needless to say, my credit card was not in my purse. I finally found it in the front pocket my organizer. Not sure what it was doing there, but I got the T-shirts ordered. I have three happy kidlets who will now get a lesson in patience waiting for them to arrive.

I really can't let my purse go that long again. Granted, many (but not all) of the really old stuff was hidden away in zippered pouches, hidden pockets, but still... Why am I carrying around two pairs of gloves at the same time? And all those ice cream gift certificates? That's not going to help the diet now that I know they are there. Do you know what's in your purse?

Link for the day: A day in the life of a bestselling suspense writer. Check out this great clip from the oh-so-talented and funny Lisa Gardner.