Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Surprised

Last night's episode of Heroes really surprised me. Kudos to the writer(s). I thought they'd done a good job of foreshadowing something bad happening to Simone, but I thought that it would be Nathan doing something to stop her from taking what she knew public. I sat stunned at the end of the episode. Was not expecting that to happen. Great twist. And loved the key motif that's been used through several episodes. But it raises quite a few questions... Where does this leave Peter and Isaac? And what are they going to do with the body? Not sure the police would buy, "But officer I was trying to shoot an invisible man."

Also loved the little reference that Nathan made to LOST when he told Simone they'd put them all on an island and do experiments on them. I hope the LOST writers are watching Heroes and getting inspired.

I finally thought I had the perfect reason to convince hubby we should get a dog. I told him about Velvet, the lab-shepherd mix on Mount Hood, and that if we had a dog, it could keep us warm if we ever got lost hiking. First, he said we wouldn't get lost. Second, he said we still weren't getting a dog. Oh, well, it was worth a shot!

Back to writing today. Not much time, however. I have to help out at the kids' school and cut Kings Cake for their Mardi Gras celebration. Still haven't figured out what I'm giving up for Lent that starts tomorrow. Are you giving anything up?

Link for the day: : Mount Hood Rescue. An article from a local paper summing up what happened up there.