Monday, February 12, 2007

Seattle

I knew it was coming. I've been fighting it for the past week. But on the way north, the head cold from Hell hit. Hard.

I couldn't let it stop me. The kidlets have been looking forward to Seattle since last year when we couldn't go due to them changing dance schools and some stupid rules about transfers in Irish dance. So on Friday I ignored the sneezing, the runny nose and headache. We parked the car at the hotel in Lower Queen Anne, walked to McMenamin's for dinner, walked to the Seattle Center to pick up the kidlets numbers and then walked home through the Seattle Center. It was after 7 pm and over 60 degrees. A beautiful night. The kids played in the giant fountain and got soaked. We went back to the hotel and I crashed.

The next day at the Feis I felt worse, but what's a mom going do? We don't get sick days. The kidlets did great at the dance competition. Finn placed in two of this three dances. Mackenna placed in six of her nine. So I forged on. Through another walk around the Seattle Center, to Mass and to dinner at T.S. McHughs, an Irish Pub. We went back to the hotel and I crashed.

On Sunday, I didn't even get up. The plan was to go to the science place at the Seattle Center. I told everyone to go. Have fun. I'd meet them in the lobby at noon. They came back at 11:30. I felt better. Good enough to stop by and drop off my upcoming April release (a box of them arrived last week) to the woman who's house I stayed at during my class in August and September. Of course, by the time I got home, all I could do was crawl into bed leaving hubby to help out in the class I teach at church on with nineteen 3-6 year olds.

I woke up this morning feeling a little better. I'm hoping I'm through the worst of it.

So that was my weekend. How was yours?

Link for the day: The Amazing Race Sweepstakes! My favorite reality TV show is giving away a trip. All you have to do is find the Travelocity gnome and figure out the mysterious destination. It's easy. I figured it out with only a couple clues. Try it. You might be the winner!