Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Telluride MountainFilm Festival

Last night I attended an event at Portland State University put on by their Outdoor Program to benefit PMR. They showed a bunch of outdoor related films, everything from climbing to a spoof on a guy who's passion was tubing (water, not snow.) My favorite was called The Good Fight about a man who helped save The Grand Canyon when they wanted to add a second dam and is now fighting to save the Sequoias in California.

During intermission I met two people (a very friendly and nice couple) from a climbing board I've been using for research. It's always fun to put a face to a name! I also won the "grand prize" of the raffle: a ski rack for my car, belay/rappel device, $25 gift certificate to The North Face Store, 2 day passes for The Circuit (some sort of bouldering place, I think) and a T-shirt from The Circuit. Not bad for an $8 ticket.

Have you ever won a raffle or contest? What did you win?

Link for the day: Eight Below clip! In keeping with the outdoor theme of today's blog, here's a video from Disney's Eight Below. My entire family loved this movie! Well, except for the leopard seal part.