Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sidetracked

Once I get my writing routine interrupted, it's really hard to get back on track. Although I managed a few words (maybe two pages) over the past week and a half, I wasn't working toward a daily page goal or even trying to write a specific time each day. Now, I'm struggling to get back into a routine, to reclaim that productivity that saw four, five or six pages a day. My current one to two pages is not going to cut it.

I've decided to come up with a daily page goal again, but I'm leaving off Wednesdays (finally realized meeting any sort of page goal just isn't going to happen) and Sundays. I'm starting slow. Four pages a day until March 20 when the proposal is due, then I'll up it to make sure I finish the book (due June 1) with time to spare.

As for Lent, I'm giving up ice cream and donuts. Two things I absolutely love. I decided, along with hubby's wise counsel, that giving up chocolate would not be good for any of us. Writing = chocolate around here, especially at deadline time. I'm also not going to lose my patience with hubby. He's the one who usually ends up taking my wrath if something goes wrong and that's not fair to him so I'm going to try not to let that happen these next 40 days.

I didn't watch LOST. I figure I can always watch it on the ABC website if I absolutely have to see it. But they've reached the "jump the shark" point for me and I don't know if I can go back now unless things changed drastically.

Are there any television shows you used to love that you finally gave up on?

Link for the day: Nora the piano playing cat! I saw this on the news and thought you cat lovers out there might like it if you haven't seen the clip already.