Monday, February 26, 2007

Crash Course in Hyper-T

Results for both Rose and Spirit came in this morning. Rose is fine! YAY! Spirit isn't.

As the vet suspected, Spirit has hyperthyroidism. Something I know nothing about. I posted on the climbing forum asking if anyone knew anything about the disease, and a kind soul provided me with a link to join a yahoo groups. This person had found help with a yahoo group when his kitty was diagnosed with CRF and thought I could, too. I joined and the members helped me figure out what I needed to know, ask, you name it.

Luckily Spirit is a candidate for a radioactive isotope treatment that can actually cure the disease. This treatment won't happen right away, but it's given us a lot of hope. And hubby is having a lot of fun talking about our upcoming radioactive kitty.

Needless to say, no writing yet today, but I'll get back to the book once naptime rolls around.

Don't know if you watched the Oscars last night, but it was great to see Martin Scorsese finally win. The kidlets were thrilled that former AI contestant Jennifer Hudson won. George Clooney looked handsome, as usual. And I loved all the gowns.

Were you rooting for any movies or actors last night?