Thursday, February 08, 2007

Getting Lost?

Another good writing day (five pages) even though I didn't get started until after the kidlets went to bed. I wrote the opening scene (prologue, actually) to the Christmas book after speaking with the PMR member, who was such a big help on the last book.

He helped me figure out how to take out my climbers and also explained what that search and rescue (SAR) operation might be like. Most of this is backstory, but listening to him and hearing stories about his own climbing experiences really helped bring my hottie SAR hero to life. Of course, I've yet to name the hero and heroine of this book so they were tagged "hottie" and "heroine" throughout the scene!

I picked up my new camera and have the battery charging. I can't wait to take some shots and see how they turn out.

I also watched LOST. I wasn't impressed. I'll give it another show, maybe two for nostalgia sake to redeem itself or I'm getting lost the next Wednesday night. I don't have an hour to waste on bad television. It's hard enough to find an hour for good television. In case, you're wondering what constitutes good television for me: The Amazing Race (premieres really soon!), Heroes & The Office.

Today, I need to write, pack and contact a couple of friends up north. We're off to Seattle this weekend for an Irish dance feis. It's that time of year. Again. At least I may finally have some time to read (in between the dances) so that's something to look forward to! I really do enjoy watching the kidlets dance. Nothing can put a bigger smile on my face than seeing them reel and jig! Just wish it didn't take so long to get through all the various dances and awards. That's the hardest part. Especially with the youngest one who's too little to dance herself.

Link for the day: Pure power! Watch this video and you'll see how I've decided to kill the two climbers in my Christmas book.