Friday, February 02, 2007

A new story

It's going to be interesting going from one project to another with no down time in between. I've never done that before.

I've been doing a little research so I could dive right into the story once the other book was finished, but I'm still a little nervous. Here's what I know about the story:

Working Title: The Wedding Dress and Mr. Wrong
Heroine: Serena (looks like Sienna Miller)
Heroine's occupation: Wedding dress designer
Hero: Kane (looks like Gabriel Aubry)
Hero's occupation: Pilot (has own plane and flies people around)
Proposal: Due March 20
Manuscript: Due June 1

It's part of a six book continuity series called THE WEDDING PLANNERS that six of us former Silhouette Romance authors came up with. It's set in Boston, though some of my story takes place in the wilderness of Northern Idaho. I'm book three.

I rewrote the synopsis last night. It's still not right so that means I probably don't know the characters well enough to figure out the true black moment/resolution. There's only way for me to get to know them better and that's start writing the book. Character interviews and worksheets no longer cut it for me. I need to hear them in my head and see the words on the page.

I actually watched an entire movie last night. First one in a while. I was watching it for pseudo research for the book due in December. I'd been given a couple of titles to watch by a guy who runs a climbing forum where I've been hanging out and reading posts. This movie was not on the list, but the others weren't available so I picked it up.

The movie was called Vertical Limit. It was predictable and over the top, but had some interesting stunts. I'm not a climber so I have no idea how realistic it was or not. My favorite part was actually the opening sequence as brother, sister and father were rock climbing and what happens there sets the characters up for the rest of the story.

The movie's redeeming factor was the yummy eye candy Chris O'Donnell and Nicholas Lea. Of course, they were wearing parkas, hats and backpacks most of the movie, but Chris had great hair and ya gotta love Krycek (X-Files fanatic here!)

Link for the day: Vertical Limit Trailer!