Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Wasted Week

I survived our Valentine's dinner date. Sudafed helped. So did champagne. Seriously the dinner was lovely with a blood orange salad, mussels in a tangy curry sauce, filet mignon with mashed potatoes and a brussel sprout hash and two desserts, chocolate molten cake (can't remember exact name) and a chai caramel with pistachio crisp. They started out with appetizers and the much appreciated champagne. Each course was served with its own wine, too. They served port, tea and coffee with the dessert.

When we got home, I went straight to bed forgetting LOST was on at 10. I spent most of the night coughing. I don't get it. How can I feel worse today than yesterday? I guess this entire week is just going to be a wash. Oh, well...

Hubby loved his chocolates as well as the card I made him. I wasn't planning on making a card, but I wasn't feeling up for going to the store. I realized at 2:30 that I had to do something because he was picking up the two older kidlets at 3:00 so I cut up a bunch of my covers and made a collage. On the inside I glued the names of my heroes and wrote: No matter what the title of the book, the picture I use for inspiration or the name printed on the page... You will always be my hero.

Update on Julie and Hayley Resk: Both are out of ICU and doing well. Julie visited Hayley yesterday. That must have made for a great Valentine's for both of them.

Link for the day: The Cutting Edge! I love this movie. Anyone remember "toe pick"? I didn't include it yesterday since no one had set it to a song, but I did find this clip of the final scene. Enjoy!