Thursday, February 01, 2007

Win, Lose or...Wed!

Last Man On Earth has been accepted with no revisions!!! Huge sigh of relief on this end, and I think I'll have to break out the bubbly tonight to celebrate. Here's a snippet of what my editor had to say:

"I went through a number of different emotions whilst reading; I felt Millie's fear before the abseil, and her exhilaration when she skydived, I felt absolutely gleeful when Millie stepped out in a bikini and saw the men's reaction (one of those "yeah!" moments!) and I cried at the end. And THAT tango seen is hot!!"

This book, which takes place in eight countries, took lots and lots of research. Thank goodness for google and some people, experts really, who offered me help.

My best friend's husband provided info on South Africa and his experience at the Monza racetrack outside of Milan. A Portland Mountain Rescue member, who I had contacted about research for the two upcoming books, also helped me with the skydiving scene and told me how Millie could end up stumbling while wearing crampons and be caught by Jace on the Argentine glacier. My wonderful critique partner, a fan of Dancing with the Stars, told tell me I had to make the tango scene sexier and provided some helpful advice and links. And I've already mentioned the great help I received from PortlandHikers.com on the Mount St. Helens recreation area.

The book also has a new title: Win, Lose or...Wed! It'll be out in both the US and UK in December 2007!

That's about it today. Still playing catch-up so I can get to work on the next book!

Link for the day: Now this is a really fat cat!