Thursday, May 22, 2008

Crossfit - more deadlifts

So I've been gaining weight. All this working out and the scale is going up not down. Talk about depressing, but I mentioned it to Nichole this morning and she said it was normal to gain weight when you start Crossfit. Restart in my case. She reminded me about not stepping on the scale (she'd told me that last fall) and go by how clothes are fitting instead. I guess I'll take her advice because people keep asking me if I've lost weight. I've been saying no (no way am I going to say I've gained weight anywhere but here and in the gym) but that I started working out a lot more.

This morning's session:

Warmup: Stretching and 2 rounds of 100 jumping ropes, 5 wall squats, 5 sit on medicine ball and stand up. (My squats are finally getting lower, but they need to get even lower. I have a hard time pushing from my heels to stand up with out bending over.)

Skills: Deadlift again (bar, 55 lbs, 75 lbs) and shoulder press (35 lbs) I finally feel as if I'm getting the correct form. Though on one of the deadlifts I took a deep breath and got so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out.

Workout: 1000m row

Cool down: Lots and lots of water


Speaking of fitness, I came across a couple links I wanted to share with you:

Building Muscle 101 talks about how everyone no matter what age or sex should be doing strength training. It also talks about diet.

From that blog, I followed a link to Fat Loss 101 which sounded right up my alley. The blog posts talks about fat loss being hormonal, and is worth a read.

And here's another from the second blog on intermittent fasting. This is a series of posts on intermittent fasting and longevity so keep scrolling down!

Do you weigh yourself and if so, how often?