Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random Thursday

In the news... If you're curious to see where I workout, check out this article. Both the Crossfit gym where I started with Nichole and where I now work with her are featured. The new place, as I've mentioned before, is pretty hardcore. Though based on what I want to use Crossfit for, improving my climbing, the third gym in town might be a better fit. There is a video if you click on the link for the killer WOD they did on Friday. The clip features the woman climber from the climbing forum I mentioned in my Saturday post. She is the one in the blue top and black pants. Talk about being in amazing shape!

A proud mommy boast... On the way home from Crossfit kids yesterday, I had to call the Climbing Cutie. He's the only one I know who could appreciate my oldest not only learning, but doing double-unders on her first day trying them. A double under is jump roping where you bring the rope around twice before you hit the ground. You have to jump high and turn fast. She was determined to do it and did! I'm so proud of her!

Hubby update... He was at a dinner last night when a tornado warning was issued. On the drive back to the hotel, the shuttle got hit with marble sized hail and driving rain. He didn't see a tornado though.

Getting excited... The following movie has been on our must-see list since we heard they were filming it and opens tomorrow.



The kids have Irish Dance feis so we can't see it this weekend, but as soon as we have a block of free time we're there! This is one movie the kidlets and I want to see in the theater. What about you?