Sunday, May 25, 2008

Crossfit - skills day

On Friday before the kidlet's Crossfit Kids class, I had another session with Nichole:

Warm-up: Stretches, 750 m row
Skills: Push press with PVC pipe. We spent a lot of time on this. It's hard for me to be explosive when I come up. She had me practice the movement in front of a pipe. I thought I might hit myself in the face, but that forced me to get it right. I did one with a weighted bar. I think it was 45 lbs. That was hard.
Workout: none
Cool down: Wall squats, ball sits and sit-ups


We're up at Mount Hood this weekend, trying to get a couple final days of skiing in before our passes expire. Yesterday was a gorgeous, no jacket needed but don't forget the sunscreen kind of day. This morning it's raining where we are so who knows what it's like at Timberline Lodge right now. If it's raining up there, we'll probably drive down and see Prince Caspian.

I managed to get my pages done though. I halved my page goal for today and tomorrow since we're on vacation, but yesterday I exceeded it in spite of the skiing, going out to dinner and Mass. I really do write better in the mountains!

What are you doing today?

P.S. I'll post the contest winner once I get my pages done. This is really the post I should have done for Saturday, but was too tired!