Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Crossfit - the Deadlift

My one Crossfit session with Nichole and my one time gym climbing last week were enough to leave me sore and achy through Friday! Out of shape R us. I was too busy to do much more than a few squats and push-ups and did nothing in Seattle except sit and watch dancing. So this morning was a bit of shocker to me.

Warm-up: 500m row, 20 sit-ups

Skills: deadlift - Nichole hammered me on my form. We started with a PVC pipe. Over and over again. My upper back was so sore. She really wanted me to be comfortable with the form. Then we moved to a 45 lb bar. She kept wanting my but lower. I gave it my best shot. She still wanted it lower. Ouch.

Workout: 250 m row, 5 wall squats, 5 ball sits, 5 air squats. I was supposed to do three rounds. She stopped me after two. Thank goodness because I'm so sore.

How are you doing exercise wise?