Monday, May 05, 2008

Buckling down

With a huge item checked off my To Do list this past weekend, I can finally focus on the book. On Friday I got an email from my editor. The proposal was accepted with no changes. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't be changing those first three chapters. That always happens as I get deeper into a story and learn more about the characters, but it means I'm on the right track. Huge sigh of relief.

So this morning, I'll reexamine The Plan and amend where I am and where I need to be accordingly. I'll also look at my To Do list since a few things have been ignored for too long and need to get done.

I'll finally have the time even with a deadline. The year is already winding down. I only have two more Monday classes to teach, too, so that will free up a big chunk of time each week.

My Sunday class ended last week. I have to admit, it was nice not having to run to the church last night, set up the Atrium for Sunday night class then after class take it down again. I missed the kids and the actual classroom time, but not all that was involved to get us there. I already told them I'm taking next year off from teaching on Sundays. I've done it for three years and need a break.

And only a month and a half until the kidlets are finished with school. I can't wait until they are home with me! We have lots of plans for the summer. What about you?