Friday, May 09, 2008

Doggy Playdate

My friend Tiffany, Rose and I met at OMSI on the east side of the Willamette River in downtown Portland yesterday so Angus and Chaos could meet each other. We've been trying to plan this doggy playdate walk for a couple of weeks now. But we finally managed to get the two together!

This picture is a shot of Portland as we walked. There's a nice path that follows the edge of the river where you can walk or ride your bike.

Angus says hello to Chaos with a kiss. Well, actually Tiffany was trying to get the dogs to pose for a picture. She had her hands full between the dog leashes and treats. Luckily there were enough treats for both.


Good doggies! Well, as long as there are treats involved, the two of them will do whatever you say! But we finally got them to stay and pose for a picture. You can't see her, but Tiffany is right there ready to grab the leashes if need be.

Seriously though, the dogs were very good during the entire walk and got along great! Don't they look so cute together?

Since I was pushing the stroller and taking pictures, Tiffany walked both dogs! Angus liked being the Alpha dog. Must be the male in him! Chaos didn't seem to mind.

Neither of us was sure how the walk would go. She guessed we get about twenty yards and have to turnaround so she didn't even bother wearing tennis shoes! I guessed a little further, but both of us had way underestimated the kidlet and two dogs. We walked for over an hour. This after my Crossfit workout! But it was great to spend time with Tiffany.

I've been in denial over her move to London, but as it's getting closer I realize she'll be leaving in another month. So I'm getting Skype and figuring when I can fly over there to visit. The HMB offices are only a 30 minute train ride from where she'll be living so I can not only see my friend, but meet my editor for the first time! I still have never even spoken to my editor on the phone. Everything has been done via email!

After our walk, we drove to Ikea for lunch and a little shopping. Chaos stayed in the car. She was very happy when we walked through our front door and plopped onto the cool hardware floor to rest. There's no place like home!

And if you want to see Tiffany's Bend house, where we stay when we head to Central Oregon, pick up a copy of the May/June issue of Oregon Home. There's even a picture with my two oldest that was shot when we were staying there over Spring Break.

Where do you like to take walks? Do you prefer to go alone or have company?