Thursday, August 04, 2011

Terrible Twos

funny pictures - Support ur local Search and Rescue unit
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Yoda is now two. But you wouldn't know it by his actions. He's still all kitten. He's bigger, but he acts the same way he did when we first adopted him. He's always getting into everything and causing trouble!

Yesterday was no different. It was warm. I turned on the fan to stay cool while I wrote, but that limited my animal visitors. Spirit is the only cat who'll brave the fan to be with me. Needless to say, I wasn't worried when Yoda didn't appear for his afternoon lounge in my general vicinity. But when he didn't show up at bedtime to chase the laser pointer, I got concerned. Yoda won't leave us alone until he gets to run after the red dot of light.

Hubby and I talked for a few minutes. Mainly we asked questions. When was the last time we saw Yoda? Upstairs? Downstairs? All I could think of was the last time he went missing. But the kids have been really good about doors since then so I figured he had to be in the house somewhere.

I checked his fave spots on the window sills. Hubby searched under the bed and up inside the box spring. The search was on.

We keep the doors closed on rooms upstairs. I checked Rose's room. No Yoda. I checked the playroom, calling for him since it's big with lots of places and toys for kitty to hide in. Nothing. As I closed the door, I heard a noise. Scratching. It was coming from Mackenna's room. He must have sneaked inside the room to explore and gotten locked inside. Poor kitty.

When I opened the door, no kitty appeared. But when I called Yoda's name he made a pathetic little sound before darting out and running into the master bedroom. I felt a huge wave of relief wash over me. He was definitely shaken by the experience. He wouldn't eat nor would he chase the laser light. He's already wandering out of the bedroom this morning so I hope that means he's back to normal.

Have a good day! I know Yoda will!