Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fair Day 6

funny pictures - Ohai---  I hacked your IKEA account
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This pic has nothing to do with what I'm going to write about. I just thought it was funny and wanted to share. I can imagine one of mine (i.e. Yoda) wanting a nice bedroom set like that for themselves.

Yesterday was more mellow at fair. The competitions are fun ones. Not a lot of pressure except for the fact neither of my girls put their costumes together until lunchtime. That's a little too close for comfort even for me (who has procrastination down to an artform!)

But it all game together.

Rose and Chaos were Irish dancers. Chaos wore an American Girl Irish dance wig. ?U=I was brought to tears by the fact that Rose now fits into Mackenna's old Irish dance class dress. She's growing up too fast.

Mackenna and Chaos were an evil super villain (complete with Calico Kitty evil minion) and a super dog. Mackenna (aka Macalico) dressed in all black with a cape and a calico stuffed cat pinned to her shoulder. Chaos had a Cape and a collar. All wore signs saying who they were including the Evil Minion. For a last minute costume she did well. Unfortunately she forgot mustache and her black pants at home. I'd post pics except I'm too tired to download them.

Rose also competed in the Pee Wee competition. She came home with so much swag from it. The woman who organizes it Barb is in charge of our club. She goes all out for the wee ones. It's very sweet and thoughtful. The youngest competitor was only 2 months old. Yes, 4-H starts them young!

Hubby stayed until the bitter end last night with Mackenna and Chaos. I took the younger ones home so they wouldn't be total exhausted today.

Fair in tonight! I love watching the kids compete, but I think the Fair experience is too long. Needless to say I'm very happy it'll be over soon.

When I came home last night, I went to a news site. I was saddened to read about the collapse of the stage at the Indiana State Fair. My current manuscript is set there. I watched a YouTube video about it and was horrified by what I saw. So sad and terrifying. My prayers to all affected.

How has your weekend been?