Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Always something!

Funny Pictures - Cute Kittens
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I wish this photo described my life at the moment. Everything in their place (or close enough.) But it's not even close.

Okay, that's not exactly true. The writing is going well. The good news is my editor approved my proposal revisions! With the book due in a little over a month, you can imagine my sigh of relief. I've been writing the story, but kept wondering if I'd have to go back. She only asked for two minor changes that I did last night! Now to get more words on the page. Fair put me behind a bit.

On the home front is where it's crazy. Our house is scary messy. I worked for an hour last night just to see if I could see a difference. I couldn't. At least the clothes are clean. Now to get them folded.

If you read the comments from yesterday's blog, you'd know I got a call from the doctor's office yesterday morning. They asked me to bring Mackenna in for another X-ray. I don't remember if I mentioned Mackenna hurt her foot. She's had many sprains due to dancing, but she said this felt different. The pain was not only in her ankle but shooting up to her toe. I took her in on Sunday to a local urgent care. They did a couple of x-rays and said it was a sprain. The doctor said she could go to the Fair that day, but should do RICE after that. She was told to wrap it, too, and see if that helped.

Now we're waiting to hear if this new x-ray showed anything. Given we haven't heard, I'm hoping that means there was nothing there. I'll call later this morning if I don't hear from them.

My To Do list is getting crazy again. Not just the house, either. I still have stuff to send out from the contests and order curriculum for the kidlets. For some reason my new MacBook Pro doesn't like Amazon or Paypal or anything else where I'm required to order something. It's making life very difficult.

But this is pretty typical after a busy week so I shouldn't stress out. All I can say is Fair Week is insane. I'm thinking a vacation far, far away during Fair Week next year would be a very good thing! At least for me!

That's about it. How about you?