Friday, October 24, 2008

Facebook and Friday Fun

I'm loving Facebook. My hands keep it from being a total time waster, though I still try to pop by there a couple times a day to comment on people's status and update mine.

I'm behind on all the little gifts and things people send you, but one of the things that's been fun is the "poke." I really don't know what it is, but every time I go to my profile I see I've been poked by a certain climber so I just poke back. A few people have sent me things called Flair and they are so cool. I love the one's I've gotten but have no idea how to send Flair back.

I've managed to connect with lots of people. High school friends, college friends, climbers, writers, readers, you name it.

One friend I reconnected with came through for me big time yesterday. Rox and I were in band together at Stanford. She has some Hollywood experience so I asked if she'd answer some questions for my current story. She said yes. We spoke yesterday. Needless to say, last night I worked like crazy trying to make my story a whole lot more plausible based on what I learned from her. I was so excited and energized to get writing last night. I'm still psyched today. I love when that happens.

Are you on Facebook? If yes, are you having fun with it?