Thursday, October 30, 2008

Running on Empty


Halloween is tomorrow, and I still haven't bought pumpkins or candy. At least the lights (pumpkins and bats) went up. That appeased the kidlets slightly. But the rest of my orange and black rubber container of Halloween decorations is still sitting in the Great Room untouched. It'll probably remain there, too. Well, except for the orange candy bowl. I even told the kids we were skipping the Trunk or Treat Saint party at church this year. I just don't have time to put together three saint costumes and three trick and treat costumes.

I feel like a bad mommy, but with hubby's knee surgery on Wednesday, I've been trying to get as much writing as I can because I know he's going to need some TLC during his recovery. Of course this hasn't been the best thing for my hands, but I'm feeling like my back's against the wall. There was a good reason the original deadline was November 3rd! After the 5th, I'll be the one driving the kids and taking care of everything in and outside of the house until hubby's back on his feet.

I called my mom last night and asked if she could block Wednesday and Thursday off on her calendar in case I need some help. She said she and my dad would just plan on driving up. Parents are such a blessing!

I know it won't be that bad. The images running through my mind are just the result of an overactive, worst-case scenario thinker brain. But I was feeling so stressed out, I even ate a Ding Dong yesterday. There went watching what I was eating!

How are you doing? Are you running on empty or is your tank full?