Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Husband Material

I noticed a spike in my blog traffic yesterday, so I checked my referrals. The typical ones for Crossfit (Elizabeth, Filthy Fifty) and "Ben Barnes smoking" were there. But I was surprised to see "Husband Material by Melissa McClone" there, too.

My first thought was hmmm, I never wrote a book by that title, and then I remembered! Not a book. An online serial read! But that had been a few years ago. Why would it be coming up now?

So I went to my beloved google. Turns out Mills & Boon has re-released the story on their website! Though I'm wondering why my google alerts never picked it up. Click here if you never caught Husband Material the first time around. Only chapter one is out right now. If I remember correctly, there are eight chapters.

Anyway, I'm so glad the story is out there again. The setting is New York City. It's a boss-assistant romance and my heroine is, well, not exactly thin. She enjoys food, especially chocolate-iced donuts with sprinkles for breakfast! The hero prefers maple bars. Needless to say, I had fun writing the story and eating lots of donuts for research.

What's your favorite kind of donut? Bet you can guess mine!