Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

funny pictures - IRISH CATS
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This is the first year in what feels like forever that the kidlets won't be Irish dancing somewhere on St. Patrick's Day. One of us would always spend this day driving from retirement center to pub to wherever we needed to be next. It was tiring, but fun.

The younger two don't seem to even remember they used to Irish dance. They never mention it. But Mackenna does. She came to me last night about not dancing tomorrow. She said it was weird and admitted she was a little sad. She always loved dancing on St. Patrick's day.

I told her she could dance for us if she wanted to. She enjoys performing, not competing, but there really isn't a place for dancers like that around here. I asked if she wanted to go return to classes. She said no, but if she did she admitted she wouldn't return to the school we'd left this summer, but the one before that. I was surprised, but when she explained why I had to admit she had good reasons.

Needless to say, this will be a different kind of St. Patrick's Day for us. But it won't be a quiet one. Two appointments on my calendar plus we may need to take Smalls back to the vet. I don't like how her eye is looking. Plus both of the younger kidlets have celebrations at school today. A luau and volcano eruption for the youngest and a Latin American festival for our son. Also, my revisions arrived yesterday so I'll be trying to figure out what I need to do with the Christmas book!

Do you have any plans for St. Patrick's Day?