Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Animals and Inspiration

funny pictures - DIDDLY SQUAT
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Today I'm at Grace Eliot's blog talking about one of my fave topics—my pets and how I used one of them for inspiration in Not-So-Perfect Princess. You can find me here.

Yesterday was a very sad day around here. It all started with the sound of helicopters flying overhead. We thought someone had gotten lost in the park. Turns out an 11 year old boy (the same age as my son) drowned. Totally heartbreaking. Prayers for all his family and friends.

The kidlets were a bit freaked out by what was going on (this was before the search ended) so we loaded them up into the minivan and headed to Borders. I wanted to use up our gift cards. (Another sad moment when we walked into the store which we go to a lot and realized it wouldn't be around much longer.) Everyone got a book! Then we went out to for a family dinner. That was very nice and what we all needed!

This morning the sun is finally peeking out! Yay! I'm ready for summer!