Monday, September 26, 2011

Hello Monday!

Funny Pictures - Cute Kittens
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I'd love to hang around in a hammock surrounded by kittens. Sounds like a perfect Monday morning to me. But instead of lounging and napping, I'll be at the kidlet's school. Today is my first volunteer shift of the year.

In the 7/8 class, I hope to spend a few minutes talking to them about writing. I'd done something a little more formal last year. This would be a more casual chat. I noticed a couple things in Mackenna's narrative writing homework assignment last week so I wrote up a one page worksheet this weekend on Show, Don't Tell! It should take about 5-10 minutes to review and do. If it goes over well, I'll see if the teacher wants me to do one on whatever topic their studying writing-wise each time I volunteer in the class.

I've been going over the notes for my new story. It's part of an eight book continuity story. The characters and storyline are provided. I have been doing lots of author-generated continuities since coming to Harlequin Romance in 2005. This is my first editorial generated continuity since I wrote Santa Brought a Son (part of the Marrying the Boss' Daughter series) for Silhouette Romance. I'm looking forward to the change of pace.

I don't know if I've mentioned it, but this weekend I'll be going away with two other romance writers for a writing retreat on the Oregon Coast. We planned it back in August. I can't believe it's already here, but I'm so excited.

I want to have everything figured out with my new story so I can just write, write, write. Unless I hear back from my editor on the soccer book, then I'll revise, revise, revise.

How is your week looking?