Friday, December 23, 2011

Scary Elves

funny pictures - THIS IS WHAT PEEPERS LOOKED LIKE WHEN SOMEONE FINALLY SAID "NO"
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This is what I've been looking like lately. Not because of a NO! but because of a certain toy elf that my children have been terrorizing me with. I took a pic of it, but decided the last thing I wanted was a picture of it on my blog!

I've had a few days break of the scar tactics, which has been a welcome relief. The elf came from hubby's mom years ago. She sent us a box of ornaments and Christmas things from his childhood. A nice gesture, except there were several of these elves in various sizes. They are from the 60's or 70's with plastic faces and cloth bodies. Some elf ornaments are just heads with caps. I'm sure some might think they were cute or kitschy. Not me. A chill shivers down my spine just thinking about them!

I don't like putting the elves out before because they freak me out. I let this be known this year. Big mistake. The kids made sure every elf in the ornament boxes were found and put out. On the tree, in the midst of other decorations, on the back of the toilet, on my pillow.

So not funny! The kids, however, think it's hilarious.

My fear stems from a movie I saw when I was a kid. I think the title was something like Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. It terrified me. These little acorn head things came alive and terrorized the woman (maybe actress Karen Black, I can't remember) living in this house. For some reason the elves remind me of those acorn-head things. Needless to say, I worry I will find myself being dragged down the staircase by these scary little elves in the middle of the night!

Hope you have a great Friday! I'll be grocery shopping and writing. The kidlets stayed an extra night with my parents and will be coming home today. Let's hope they've forgotten all about the elves!