Thursday, June 09, 2011

On Mount Hood

Writing the Hood Hamlet books set on Mount Hood introduced me to many local climbers. One, Jon Bell, is a writer. We met at a fundraiser for another climber a couple of years ago. We've exchanged emails and tweets ever since. Jon is a great resource for all things Mount Hood. He helped me with my upcoming November release Firefighter Under the Mistletoe.

Tonight is the launch party for his new book On Mount Hood: A Biography of Oregon's Perilous Peak. It tells the story of the mountain. I could go on about all the great things Jon writes about, the interviews he's conducted and the research, but there's a great website that tells all about the book here. Check it out!

If you're around Portland, the launch party, including a slide show, is tonight from 7:30 to 9:00 PM at Powell's on Hawthorne Blvd.

I was planning on being there. I want to be there! But with all the changes that happened with the kids' school I have to be there instead. If you go, please give me a full report! Thanks!