Saturday, June 30, 2007

Butterfly Wings and Pink Tu-tus

Today, my four year old dances in her end of the year ballet and top recital. They even give out trophies at the end. I thought a trophy for dance was a bit strange when we did this last year, but with all the trophies her siblings have it really made her feel special.

Last night she helped me glue rhinestones on her costume. It was sticky and messy which meant lots of fun for a four year old and lots of clean-up for me. Rose is very excited about the show and getting another trophy. We'll see how she actually does on stage in front of an audience! Last year she was a bit shy.

I forgot to write my Top 5 Moments from May due to the last book deadline, but here they are for June:

1. Finishing my manuscript and emailing it on-time
2. Our Father's Day hike to Beacon Rock
3. Rose hitting the bell after she climbed up the rock wall at camp
4. Meeting my Internet friend in person and having him hit it off with the entire family
5. The smiles on the kidlet's faces when we went bowling to celebrate the last day of school

Hope you're having a great Saturday! Care to share your fave June moments with me?