Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Only a short stay...

When I got home from dropping off my iBook at Macpac and picking up Rose from preschool, there was a message about my computer. I phoned immediately and talked to a guy who told me it was ready! Two hours after I dropped it off. Granted, I paid extra to be first in the queue, but still I was thrilled. So ecstatic that I told a random guy who happens to fix macs for a living that I loved him. He didn't gasp or laugh so I'm assuming I'm not the first person to have done this. Hubby laughed when I told him. He knows exactly what having my computer back in only a couple of hours meant to me.

I loaded Rose back into the minivan, bought her lunch on the way and picked up my baby! I was so happy. We're talking bubbling, overflowing joy. Seriously, I need to get a life if I feel this way about a computer. But even though I had my baby at home, I spent my day with the kids barely touching the iBook. Hubby's gone so I got to do all the running around this afternoon and find someone who could help me get kids places in two totally different states.

Quick weekend update:
Sunday-spent the morning with the family at church and home, went climbing with a good friend and we bumped into the climbing cutie. I had a great time at the gym and got the highest I've ever been. I didn't quite make it to the top because I looked up and got scared. It was really, really high. So came back down. Next time I hope to do better. We also went to a reception for a couple who got married in CO in December. It was fun and the two girls couldn't get enough of dancing with their daddy. So adorable. When we got home, my computer died so we used hubby's computer to figure out where to go in the morning.

Saturday-took the kids on a hike. We had so much fun. I then went through the kids clothes (with their help) and decluttering. So much paper was everywhere I started going through all the piles in the house. Once that was done, I went to work in my office. I also watched the DVD, The Holiday. Predictable, but exactly the kind of movie I love. Really perfect for rebounding from a deadline. I was a Jude Law fan prior to his nanny-woes (he was actually the inspiration for my hero, Henry Davenport), but he really was adorable as Graham.

Friday-slept. I watched Everest, a video tape from a 1996 expedition. Went to bed at a decent hour for the first time in days.