Thursday, June 21, 2007

It never fails...

Hubby goes out of town and something happens. I thought we'd already had our incident on Monday. Think seven year old boy and toilet paper. Thank goodness for plungers!

But last night I got woken in the middle of the night by my oldest. She, who never is ill, was sick to her stomach and in a huge amount a pain. This kid, like all three, has a very high threshold of pain. She once danced with a bad sprain, placed and took home a trophy. All I could think was who do I know well enough to call at 3 am and ask them to come stay with my two youngest while I take the oldest to the hospital. Before doing that, I phoned our pediatrician's office.

We were on the phone with a nurse at Emmanuel children's hospital for almost a half hour. Finally, she said it looked more like a virus than an appendix, but gave me a list of instructions to follow for the rest of the night. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. My daughter is fine today and bouncing around like normal today. A huge change from her hunched, death warmed over look of last night.

Anyway, no time to blog. Sorry, but I'd rather sleep. But that's not going to happen until the kids go to bed. Plus anything I'd write (probably this, too) wouldn't make a lot of sense with my foggy brain.

Though one good thing happened yesterday on the writing front, I finished my prologue rewrite at12:30 am! Now onto chapter one.

Hope you are having a great day! I'm hoping tomorrow is better for me!