Thursday, June 07, 2007

Treading water

Hubby gets home tonight and I can't wait. I have had hardly any down time this week. Usually the week after deadline, I get to rest and relax and get back into the routine slowly. Not this time! And sleep time is almost as bad as it was last week. No fair!

Last night, I had three kidlets in my bed and didn't sleep all that well. To fit we slept sidewards. I think it's time to get a king size bed! Even though I'm not tall, 5 4 1/2", I didn't fit too well. But the kids were happy and slept like little angels. Though talk about blanket hogs! Good thing I wore flannel jammies last night or I would have froze.

We are co-hosting a Texas Hold'em Tournament and BBQ dinner on Saturday with two other couples. This was an auction buy-in for my kids' school. Last night, I put in a DVD, A Good Year, and got to work. I made 30 favor bags and organized all the other stuff I need to drop off at one couples house on Friday. I finished in time to just sit back and enjoy the last part of the movie. It was a good flick. Russell Crowe's character, Max, reminded me of one of the kinds of hero I write a lot--wealthly workaholic who doesn't have time to enjoy life until he's forced to take a break and then sees what he's been missing. Oh, and falls in love with a pretty working girl, too.

On the writing front, no new pages for me, but it was Wednesday so I hadn't planned on any. I'm really struggling with my heroine's name. Her last name is Bishop. I looked up the top 20 names for 1980 on the SS website. Still no clear cut winners. On the list are Ashley, Anna, Hannah, Jessica/Jessie and Sarah. The hero is Matt Porter. Any suggestions?

Hope you are having a great day!