Friday, June 15, 2007

Last Day!

The kids are thrilled that school will over today. My nine year old daughter asked me if she could throw a going away luncheon for a boy who was leaving the school so she's spent the morning decorating the playroom with streamers and balloons. The menu is simple--pizza, root beer and cake. She made him and another girl (whose last day was Wednesday) cards and had the entire class sign them.

She's always been a compassionate little girl so her actions aren't too surprising, but yesterday I asked her if she wished her former classmates had done something like that for her when she left her old school two years ago. A thoughtful expression formed on her face and she nodded. I just wanted to hold her and not let go.

Yesterday, I went gym climbing and attended son's last Little League game. No writing, because naptime was spent at Walmart buying things for the luncheon today and having my glasses fixed. They literally flew apart while I was halfway up a wall. My whole vision changed in an instant. It was so weird. Luckily the lens was fine, but I never could find the screw that holds the glasses together. I borrowed tape from the climbing wall so I could see to drive. Luckily the nice person at the eye place had a tiny screw and fixed my glasses for free. Good thing because I'm blind without them! Guess it's time to get sturdier (or more flexible) glasses!

Hope you have a great Friday!