Friday, June 01, 2007

It's Done!

Final Tally

New pages written: 0
Old pages revised on paper: entire book
Old pages revised on screen: entire book
Pages of revisions typed in: entire book
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: -1
Total page count to date: 215
Days remaining until D-day: 0
Emails from editor in UK: 2 (from another editor about cover art)
Emails from agent in NY: 0
Emails from continuity loop: a few

Chocolate consumed: Godiva truffle
Junk food consumed: none
Diet: pretty easy since I have no time or desire to eat right now
Weekly weigh in: 130 (down 8 pounds total)
Exercise: 30 minutes of practicing climbing footwork outside
Television watched: none
Tears: just couple
Clip for the day: A bit tongue in cheek, but this is how I feel about my manuscript right now. Enjoy!



Okay, I did it. But I only have five minutes to get ready for Pilates so I'll write more when I get back. Oh, and hubby made sure I ate three meals yesterday! Plus I remembered to take a vitamin.

Update at 3:45 p.m.

I emailed the book to London this morning a little after 8. This after waking up at 5 and starting work on it again after a couple hours of sleep. Immediately I got an out of the office reply from the editor. So I actually could have worked all day today instead of most of the night. Argh. Oh, well...

It's off and I'm so relieved. The one thing I didn't have time to do was go through my checklist of overused words. I caught many by hand, but the find function on word works really well for that. I'll have to remind myself to do that during revisions.

The book turned out better than I thought it would. Fingers crossed it meets the editor's expectation.

I got home from Pilates and crashed. I was sore from the traversing I did on the rock and exhausted from non-stop writing this week. I woke up to have lunch. Hubby said he'd take Rose to dance. I went back to sleep. I woke up at 2:30 and checked in Rose's room where she should have been napping. Her bed was empty. I called hubby. He swore said he had to go. Needless to say, he forgot to pick up our daughter. Dance was over at 1:30. I was so mad. Not that a sleeping mom is a stellar example of parenting, but I've never forgotten a kid before. This is not hubby's first time, either. Luckily there was another dance class so she just attended that one, too. No worse for the wear. Wish I could say the same for me!

I got the kids ice cream cones on the way home from school to thank them for putting up with their mommy while on deadline. Good thing this only happens a few times a year or they might need therapy for the rest of their life. Seriously though, hubby takes over during this time so it's not that bad. Still I know this weekend will be lots and lots of makeup family time for me. Because of that, I won't be posting again until Monday, but I will reply to comments. Have a great weekend!!!!

Thanks for the support. I love you all! xoxox

Melissa