Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just another day

I'm late posting because I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and start my day. Hubby had to leave early so once I finally crawled from beneath the sheets there were kidlets to dress, feed and one to take to camp. I then passed off the other two to a babysitter and headed to my stylist's salon for a much needed haircut. Ponytails were becoming way too easy so I had to do something about that. Now my hair is above my shoulders. No more ponytail temptation!

I arrived early so headed into Lava Java and drank a steamer while I revised a few pages of the book. On the way home, I stopped off at Costco hoping to find a life jacket for my oldest but ending up buying a cute dress and an even cuter skort set for the youngest and the paperback book Lisey's Story by Stephen King for me. I'd noticed the book before, but had no idea what it was about. Stephen King is my fave so once I read the back cover, there was no putting it down. Even the boxer at the checkout stand said it looked good! I'll let you know.

So the book...

Working title is Christmas on the Mountain aka The Mount Hood book.

I revised the prologue yet again, but since the scene sets up what happens when the book opens six years later it must be right. I may send it off to my critique partner then run it by the SAR guy so I can finally put it to bed.

Jessie may become Carly. I have to try out both names. I still like Jessie, but Carly keeps popping into my head. I used Hannah for the sister-in-law. The name will be perfect for her.

I watched the DVD Catch and Release since it involved a woman losing her fiance like my current project. I have to admit I was very disappointed with the movie. The story was just too much for me (i.e. too unbelievable.) I needed Gray (Jennifer Gardner's character) to have time to get over the death of one love before falling in love with another. I don't buy the HEA at all because of the timing. Still there were some good lines, interesting characters and I didn't feel as if I'd wasted two hours of my life. I just thought it could have been better. That's been the story of most movies I've watched lately.

Hubby's got a couple of boys' nights out coming up. Can you recommend any movies I should pick up at the video store to watch while he's out?