Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Sunny Spring Day

I wish I could say I've been hard at work on the new book. Unfortunately, I'm not. I have six pages. I'm leaning toward the name Jessica/Jessie Bishop for the heroine (works well with her backstory and I love the nickname Jessie) and am drawing a blank on where to go next. Not good.

The weather this morning isn't helping. It's a beautiful, sunny day. All I want to do is grab my backpack full of my climbing stuff and head to the place where I practice traverses. But I have a poetry cafe to attend with my son from 9 to 10:30 and I need to pick up the youngest at noon. I guess there may be time since I get a little tired after an hour and I have a bruised cafe right now, so I'm going to toss a pair of shorts into my bag just in case. Of course, I may feel a rush of guilt that sends me home to write instead. That's probably more likely.

Not much else to report. Drove our house guest up to Mount Hood so he could climb for a couple of days. Critiqued a couple of chapters for my cp. Tried to find a place to stay when I'm back up in Tacoma for a class this summer. Did a couple loads of laundry. Pretty boring day.

What's your favorite thing to do when the weather turns nice?