Monday, July 21, 2008

A busy Monday

I have been running non-stop since the wee hours of this morning. I'm finally home after what feels like and was hours. I have a new haircut and highlights, two birthday gifts I purchased for a friend I'm taking out to breakfast on Thursday and my agent and hands that have been hurting since I started typing in revisions. Ouch!

This weekend I watched two more DVDs. The difference between last week's movies? These I can actually recommend!

The first is The Spiderwicke Chronicles. All five of us enjoyed this one. I'm relieved we didn't see this one on the big screen. I'm sure it would have been more scary to the youngest, but she actually enjoyed it, only wanting to sit between hubby and I toward the end.

The second is a movie I'd never heard of until seeing previews on a DVD. It stars Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings) and is called The Final Season. It's a baseball movie based on a true story about Norway High School in Iowa. Sentimental and fun, the way a sports movie should be! Hubby really enjoyed this one, too.

Speaking of baseball, my nephew's team is currently playing at State. They are 1-1 and have two games today. The boys are thirteen/fourteen. I found some of their names very interesting: Caden, Caleb, Connor and Cody. Sounds like a bunch of romance heroes, don't you think?

How was your Monday?