Saturday, July 26, 2008

Feising

Everyone was sound asleep by 9 o'clock last night. Even hubby! I spoke with my friend, Debbie, at 9:30 and then called it a night myself. I can't remember the last time I was in bed before midnight!

This morning is the Silicon Valley feis! Rose is excited except there's no one but her signed up for her dances. I'm hoping whoever didn't pay yet will show up anyway so at least she can dance with someone and not alone. The competition in California is supposed to be a lot harder than in the Pacific Northwest. (And the east coast even harder!) At least that's what "everyone" says. We'll see. I told the kidlets to do their best and have fun.

I spent part of last night doing what Irish dance moms do before a feis - taping the bottom of hard shoes. If you don't tape them (using black duct tape), the dancer can slip which is no fun. Finn just got two new (well, used, but new to him) pairs of shoes this week. His feet are growing so fast he needed both hard and soft shoes. The two used pairs only set us back $130.

Every time we have to spend money on Irish dance, I tell myself (and hubby) it could be worse. My kids could love ice skating or competing with horses instead. Horses would be really expensive.

Tonight is the big Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert in 3-D on The Disney Channel so that's what we'll be doing come 8 o'clock tonight. We made a special trip to Walmart just to get our free glasses! I was asked a million times if I'd packed them.

Will you be watching anything today?