Thursday, July 31, 2008

RWA Conference - Wednesday - Evening

After the signing, I headed to Harlequin Presents author Sandra Marton's hotel room for the annual HMB author pizza party. Last year in Dallas was such a blast, I couldn't wait to see how this year's party turned out. Talk about a fun time! Sandra graciously provided soda, water, wine and snacks. Here are three talented Presents Authors: Sandra, Jane Porter and Jennie Lucas.

Lillian Darcy, pictured here with Presents author Sharon Kendrick, brought leftover yummies from her agent's get together and several authors brought regional treats aka desserts. I tried something called an Idaho Spud that Jennie brought. Imagine a marshmallow center, chocolate and coconut covering! Not a potato at all.

So many authors showed up this year for the pizza party. Many more than last year. The room was a little crowded, but a fun time was had by all. Unfortunately unlike last year I didn't get a chance to meet and talk with everyone who was there.


Sandra also ordered pizza for us. We invited the pizza delivery guy inside for a few pics, too. I don't think he knew what to make of the room full of female romance writers but I think he was pretty brave for agreeing and a good sport!


After the pizza party, I headed downstairs to a gathering of authors who belong to a loop I'm on. Most are refuges from the old Romex days on GEnie. It's a great and supportive group of women!

Here is a picture of the amazing Anne Stuart who is one of my favorite writers and people!



I've been looking forward to this party because I was being awarded bling! I belong to a group called Pursuit. For every 100 days of consecutive writing, you get a piece of sparkly jewelry. Unfortunately, I rarely have 100 days to write a book so they created the lightening bolt award for those of us who write faster. I got one as did Anne Stuart and Katherine Garbera received two!

Mary Jo Putney received a special gift from the uber-talented Jo Beverly. Check out the adorable cat apron. Isn't that great! I want one myself.

I'll hopefully be caught up by tomorrow morning. I must admit I'm having so much fun, a lot more fun than I thought I'd have. And I've even managed to find a little time to work on the revisions. So yay!