Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Revisions

Revisions on my blinddatebrides.com book arrived in my email box this morning. Considering I was supposed to be off-line and camping, maybe it's not such a bad thing the trip got cancelled. The revisions aren't bad at all. My editor's suggestions will strengthen the story and I can't wait to dive into them. I just need to buy paper first.

Wouldn't you know it, I'm down to only a few sheets. Not enough to print the entire manuscript! I learned not to print ahead of time. I either lose it or the kids think it's scrap paper and draw on the back!

Last night we drove down to Oregon to watch my nephew win District 7 in Little League. His team is off to state now. He's a really good baseball player, but I still remember him as a toddler who I would take for the night and push all around Lake Oswego in a stroller! Boy, has he changed since then. He's very cute and has to his shoulder shiny locks that the girls all love. The way he whips off his batter's helmet as soon as he can is so funny. Guess he doesn't want helmet hair!

The kidlets spent the night with my parents and may stay again tonight. This took some of the sting out of the cancelled trip. And tomorrow I'll be taking them to Amy's to swim in her pool! Fun times ahead!

A good thing since I'm going to be working today. I will be taking advantage of being sans children by going on a hike with Chaos and working on my revisions. What are you doing today?